We’re looking forward to working with you and your children during the week of July 24-28. Here are just some things we think are important for you to know…
1) Soccer camp starts Monday, July 24. It runs for five days, Monday through Friday, 9am-12pm each day.
2) On Monday, we will have a brief check-in process beginning at 8:45am. Plan on arriving at Faith Lutheran Church & School close to 8:45 so that we can get everyone checked-in and ready for camp. Check-in will take place in the circle drive by the back doors of the church and school. The circle drive will be closed to vehicles, so enter through the front entrance to our facilities off of Prairie Road, park in the lot, and walk your child(ren) to the soccer field at the back of the parking lot. There you will see the check-in tables, organized alphabetically by last name.
3) At check in, you will receive your child’s t-shirt (to take home and wear Tuesday-Friday) and nametag (to put on immediately). An assistant coach will walk your child to the proper field. After you hand off your child to his or her assistant coach, you are done with check-in! Color-coded maps will let you know where to pick up your child at 12:00pm. Simply find your child’s grade level on the map, and you’ll know where to go.
4) When you registered for camp, you listed names of people approved to pick up your child. You will have a chance to review these names at check-in. Please add any additional names at this time. If a person is not on this list, or does not have a photo ID to prove it, we will not release your child to that person! Even if your spouse comes to pick up your child and is not on the list, we will not release your child. We take your children’s safety very seriously – that’s why we will be very strict with this rule.
5) Monday’s initial check-in process is the only time your child will NOT be taken straight to his or her field. Drop-off on Tuesday-Thursday will be simpler: Take your child straight to the proper field. They should remember where they go, and you should know from Monday’s pick-up. I and several other volunteers will be roaming around to help direct people. Drop-off starts each day at 8:45am. All children should be on their field no later than 9:05am.
6) Pick-up every day will go like this: go to your child’s field, find the camp teacher who is assigned to that field, and they will help you sign your child out. When you sign out, no matter who is picking up your child, you must show a photo ID. No ID, no pick-up. This is for your child’s safety. Pick-up may happen any time after 11:50am. Please be on time to pick up your child. All children must be picked up by 12pm! Pre-K and Kindergarten teams will be inside participating in crafts during the last half hour of the day. They will be brought back out to their playing fields at 11:55 each day for you to pick them up.
7) Here’s what to bring to camp: wear athletic shorts and shirt (after the first day, wear the camp T-shirt that your child will receive at the check-in on Monday), wear shin guards (soccer socks are recommended, but not required), wear sunscreen, bring your favorite soccer ball, and wear athletic, closed-toed shoes (soccer cleats are recommended, but not required). Water bottles are provided, as are snacks. If your child has special dietary needs and requires certain foods, please bring those each day. If you listed any allergies when you registered, the snack servers are aware of those and will keep your child safe.
8) The last day of our soccer camp is really Sunday, July 31st. After our 9:30 worship service, we will have a huge Soccer Camp and Taste of Faith Picnic. Everyone in your family is invited to this awesome event! A dunk tank, obstacle course, kid’s games (including soccer!) and prizes will make for a great party. Please plan to attend the Taste of Faith annual community picnic!
9) If you haven’t already informed us of any special needs, dietary restrictions, or allergies, please let me know ASAP. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. We want every child to be safe during our camp. The more we know, the more we can do to make this camp safe and enjoyable for your child.
10) If you want to watch your child play soccer, plan on coming around 11:40am for pick-up. All teams other than the Pre-K and K will be scrimmaging for the last 30 minutes each day – this is a perfect time to watch your child in action.
11) If weather becomes an issue, watch our website, www.FaithSoccerCamp.com for camp cancellation or other details.
12) If you have any questions, please click here for more information. If that page does not answer your questions, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 920.922.3530.